THE HIGH TIDE

Greenie Gallery

Art by Rachel Burns

Art by Rachel Burns

Ava Devine, Arts Editor

Kailee Kenworthy is a seventeen-year-old student currently working toward graduating with her IB diploma. She started working in photography about three years ago and has taken “thousands and thousands of pictures since then.” Kailee loves to broaden her horizons by taking photography classes, and her favorite thing about photography is that it enables her to capture the beauty she sees around her. In her own words, “at times, [photography] also shows me new perspectives and an appreciation of the world.”

Photography by Kailee Kenworthy

Rachel Burns is a sophomore student who has been completely invested in the arts for her entire life. She’s a fan of 2D art, acting, and singing, and she considers the arts her true passion. Rachel’s favorite type of art is surrealism and expressionism, and she thinks most of her work can be classified into those two genres. To Rachel, “the arts have always been like a friend, it’s something I can turn to through thick or thin and express myself to.

Art by Rachel Burns

Emmy Carroll is a Dual Enrolled senior who is hoping to attend FSU next fall for film. In addition to film, Emmy also enjoys painting, writing, and music. They take a lot of inspiration from directors like Wes Anderson, Luca Guadignino, and Greta Gergwig, and they hope to one day make full-length films and music videos.

Emmy Carroll

Macy Lamers is a seventeen-year-old IB senior. She’s been making visual art throughout the entirety of her high school career and she also makes music as “Macy Lame.” In an interview, she said, “I make [art] to convey ideas and feelings I can’t articulate.” She features some of her art on her Youtube channel, which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgUJj7L6KrRscQnDIUSwKLQ

Artwork by Macy Lamers

Tate Emo is a ninth-grade student who loves to paint on any medium she can find – even her instruments. She finds herself drawn to realism because of how much time and effort is put into work that mimics real life. Tate enjoys unique pieces that accentuate nice color combinations, and she tries to make art whenever she has free time.

Artwork by Tate Emo