THE HIGH TIDE

No Tricks, Just Treats: October Beauty Favorites

Saskia Bejar Diaz, Reporter

Finding budget-friendly products is difficult. Especially great quality ones; sometimes it is okay to spend a little more pocket money on certain necessities. Here is our feedback on the products we have been loving this month.

Foundation

If you have oily to combination skin, we recommend spending some extra money on the Fenty foundation. The wide range of shades is welcoming to people of all skin tones! If Fenty is a bit too pricey, the Maybelline FIT ME foundation is a great dupe and includes SPF 18. The FIT ME foundation is also easily found at drugstores and grocery stores, whereas the your shade in the Fenty foundation may not be in stock at your local Sephora. The lightweight formula of both products makes for a perfect fit in your daily makeup routine.

Concealer

The Tarte Shape Tape is an absolute must-have. While this is another pricey product, the quality makes up for it. Like the previously mentioned foundations, this vegan product also comes in many shades that match well with virtually any skin tone, illuminating skin for a natural and glowy effect.

Mascara

Everyone knows that mascara is a must have in any makeup bag. If looking for voluminous lashes on a budget, the Essence mascara has the same effect as the famous Mally mascara for a fraction of the cost; Mally retails for $20 and the Essence retails for $5. Seems like a pretty good steal.